Musings of a Christian Geek about the Word, Geek Culture, Science, Music, Movies, and anything that is deemed noteworthy.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

My Top 10 Christmas Movies

Christmas time is almost here! And I am very excited about one of my favorite holidays arriving soon. You can tell me all you want that Jesus Christ wasn’t born on Christmas which is true; but, Christmas is the only time of year where many people around the world take time out to celebrate Jesus Christ and His birth. So, every year, I am always excited to hear songs praising God for Christ’s birth, the birth of our Lord and Savior. Just don’t tell Jamie Foxx.

In honor of my love for Christmas and counting down lists, I am going to count down my top 10 favorite Christmas movies. Then, to take us all the way to Christmas, I am going to count down my top 15 favorite Christmas songs. Well, let’s get started with my number 10 Christmas movie: Jingle All The Way. 


10. Jingle All The Way

This might seem like a very weird choice for a top Christmas movie. However, I have always been a big fan and I find myself watching Jingle All The Way every time it’s on television. Why wouldn’t the movie be one of my favorites? It has a number of my favorite things in Arnold Schwarzenegger, pointless action, and good slapstick comedy. I am not usually a huge fan of slapstick comedy for the sake of slapstick; but when it’s done right, slapstick can be hilarious. I can’t think of anytime in this movie where I had to roll my eyes.

In addition, I believe Jingle All The Way knows how to utilize Schwarzenegger the right way. I think Arnold can be hit or miss (i.e. Junior) when it comes to comedy and this was a hit. Arnold and Sinbad have great comedic chemistry and you can tell they probably had fun during filming.

On a final note, what did George Lucas see in Jake Lloyd as his choice for Anakin Skywalker?



No comments:

Post a Comment