Musings of a Christian Geek about the Word, Geek Culture, Science, Music, Movies, and anything that is deemed noteworthy.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

My Top 10 Christian Songs: #9

9. Life Inverted by Apt.core

For number nine, I was torn between two songs, Life Inverted or To Life, To Love by Andy Hunter. I went with the former due to stronger lyrical content. This song is based off of Galatians 2:20, “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” It is a great verse and not something one hears just every day on the radio.

Apt.core was a side project of drummer Will Hunt who wanted to make the Word of God accessible in a club atmosphere. I would definitely say that he succeeded as this song has a driving yet syncopated rhythm. Like Jesus Freak, the song is catchy and it is playing in my head long after I have listened to it. In addition to being a solid song lyrically, Life Inverted is something you can dance to which is the main reason this song appears on this list. I am a huge fan of electronic music and songs by Apt.core like Life Inverted showed me that Christian music is not bound by traditional instrumentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment