Musings of a Christian Geek about the Word, Geek Culture, Science, Music, Movies, and anything that is deemed noteworthy.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

My Top 10 Christmas Movies: #9

9. The Preacher’s Wife

Number 9 on this list is probably a perceived weird choice as well; but, I have always loved this movie. Denzel Washington is one of my favorite actors of all time and he shines in The Preacher’s Wife. This movie was a remake of The Bishop’s Wife, which cast Cary Grant in the role of the angel, Dudley. In my opinion, Washington is probably the only actor who could fill Grant’s shoes.

This movie came out before the downfall of Whitney Houston when should could still sing. She does a great job as titular character both acting and singing. Another one of my favorite actors is Courtney B. Vance, and he does a great job as the Reverend Henry Biggs.

While the movie is not the most accurate in terms of angels and such, I can appreciate the shout outs to God. Probably my favorite movie quote of all time is in this movie: “I am like this with the Creator of the universe, now you don’t think a little door’s gonna stop me.” This would be a great for us Christians to use in everyday life because it’s true.

No comments:

Post a Comment