Musings of a Christian Geek about the Word, Geek Culture, Science, Music, Movies, and anything that is deemed noteworthy.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

My Top 10 Christmas Movies: #4

4. The Santa Clause

This movie doesn’t always get the best reviews or the most love but I think The Santa Clause is a modern Christmas classic. Tim Allen does a great job playing the part of Scott Calvin, a toy maker who accidently causes Santa Claus to fall of a roof and, in turn, becomes Santa himself when putting on the red suit. Points are awarded for the original take on the ages old tale of Santa Claus.

In addition to a great premise, the movie is very funny and it doesn’t solely play to a young audience. Adults can enjoy the movie just as well. Actually, I think the makers of this movie had the parents in mind during writing and filming. The Santa Clause I thoroughly enjoyed, but I can’t say the same for the sequels. The first one is definitely the best of the three.

No comments:

Post a Comment